Nature’s Way is currently accepting resumes for the positions below. Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected]
Lower Elementary Assistant (1st-3rd grade)
The Lower Elementary Assistant is a full time position that will begin in the first week of August 2021. This position requires love, patience, respect for children, and a desire and willingness to be a life-long learner.
The assistant will work under the direction of a certified Montessori Lead Guide in a mixed-age Elementary classroom. We will expect this person to seek the help of the lead to become knowledgeable with both Montessori and Positive Discipline terminology, philosophy and methods.
The person in this position will:
- Encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviors at all times.
- Assist the lead guide in offering the children a beautifully prepared and clean environment
- Follow the direction of the lead guide during the students’ uninterrupted work period to promote a calm, productive atmosphere.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children, parents, and co-workers.
- Additionally, the assistant will engage in ongoing professional development through workshops, conferences, webinars, book study, and staff development initiatives.
An assistant’s work will include such varied activities as guiding student learning, planning and implementing field trips, observing with purpose during students’ work time, supervising outdoor free play time, cooking, gardening,helping students with small animal care, mediating discussions between students, cleaning and organizing the environment, laminating and copying, and engaging in problem solving and planning with the lead guide.
Toddler Community Assistant
The Toddler Community Assistant is a full time position that will begin in the first week of August 2021. The position requires the assistant work under the direction of a Montessori-trained Lead Guide to create a harmonious, smooth-running community. The ideal candidate has previous experience with young children, is patient, shows a willingness to learn and apply the Montessori and Positive Discipline philosophies to the everyday care of children, and is interested in taking direction from a lead guide. We are particularly looking for a staff member that is willing to consider an assistant position as a multi-year career.