We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions for the 2018-2019 school year. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Lower Elementary Assistant
We are looking for someone to work in a mixed-aged Lower Elementary Montessori classroom (1st-3rd grade). The assistant will work under the direction of a certified Montessori lead guide and will work with and seek help from the lead guide to become knowledgeable with both Montessori and Positive Discipline terminology, philosophy and methods.
This position requires respect for children, patience, and a desire and willingness to be a life-long learner. An assistant’s work may include such varied activities as guiding student learning, observing, helping students with small animal care, mediating discussions between students, supervising outdoor play time, assisting students with cooking and gardening, planning and participating in field trips, laminating and copying, cleaning and organizing, and engaging in problem solving and planning with the lead guide.
The person in this position will:
- Encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviors at all times.
- Assist the lead guide in offering the children a beautifully prepared and clean environment.
- Follow the direction of the lead guide during the uninterrupted work period to promote a calm, productive atmosphere.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children, parents, and co-workers.
- Engage in ongoing professional development through workshops, conferences, webinars, book study, and staff development initiatives.
The assistant will adhere to company and safety policies and procedures.
Lead guides and assistants work closely together to create for the students a safe, peaceful, and inspiring school. Nature’s Way is a close knit community of friends and learners and a wonderful environment for personal growth.